After I put all the Christmas decoration down, the house now looks so empty. Well, I’m going to be honest. I have not put away all the Christmas decoration. There is a last piece of the decoration I’m refusing to put down: the Christmas tree. But, I am overcoming the feeling of missing the Christmas lights and all the joyful colors. Now I’m thinking of all the decoration for San Valentine’s.
This last week musing around with Valentine’s decoration ideas, I thought of making a Salt Dough Valentine Teddy Bear and just finished it. Now I am very happy to share it with all of you.
1. Use and follow the instructions for the salt dough recipe. Knead the dough until 1/2″ thick.
2. Using the Teddy Bear Template, cut the teddy bear. Then using the ears, muzzle and paw little templates, cut their shapes on the dough.
3. Glue the ears, muzzle and paws on the teddy bear.
4. Roll out 2 small dough balls for the eyes. Glue them on the teddy bear.
5. Cut a heart with the cookie cutter and glue it on the teddy bear. Let the teddy bear dry.
6. (Optional) Sand the rough edges to make a smooth surface.
ALMOST DONE! One last step.
7. Paint the teddy bear. Let it dry.
If the teddy bear will be exposed to humidity, you might apply a coat of gloss glaze to protect it.